Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Letter from the Prime Minister of Procrasti Nation

Loyal citizens of Procrasti,

Greetings! It is I, your Prime Minister. I meant to send this message two months ago, but true to form I am sending it now. I write this letter to bring to your attention an important legislation that I intend to introduce this Fall (er..maybe Winter). It is vital that you inform yourself of the nuances of this law-to-be. I intend to abolish all time-indicating devices. I think Procrasti will thrive without these infernal things. I am of course talking about clocks, watches, even the tiny spaces on your computers and cellphones that indicate the time. Off with their heads, I say. This will be followed by universal abolishing of the use of calendars. No more two week deadlines. No more finish-by-COB-Friday. Without this nuisance we will be blissfully unaware of when a week went by or even if today was indeed Friday. These measures would only serve the principles and values laid out by the founding fathers of this great nation. The forces of efficiency are upon us and threaten to shake the very foundations of our existence as a peace-loving, postponing people.

Therefore, I beseech you, my fellow Procrastinators to get behind me and the nation to support this crucial endeavor. Time is of essence now so that it need not be of essence in the future (Heh Heh Joke). Think about it. Now, you can keep putting off writing that SOP, delay mowing that lawn, keep adding to that to-do list and not feel an iota of guilt.

I have full confidence in you to do the right thing. Remember, together we can and we will..postpone.

Yours truly,
Your Prime Minister

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear PM
Its with great relief and pride that I write to you today. Having lived in one of the most conflict-prone regions of 'deadlines', I finally feel reassured about my well being in this nation. I want to express my enthusiasm on destroying every trace of a shameless, emotionless, love-less clock..which keeps ticking away without a care in the world. Kudos to your initiative and farsight!
Your loyal citizen.

Anonymous said...

I truly belong to this nation. All my loyalties with you Mr. PM!!!