Sunday, February 08, 2009

fivetimesfive



  1. My favorite song is 'November Rain'.."I know it's hard to keep an open heart...when even friends seem out to harm you...But if you could heal a broken heart...then wouldn't time be out to charm you...”

  2. I am left-handed, I was 5 weeks premature and at age 3 I nearly choked to death. My father saved my life.

  3. I grew up in Manipal. A university town by the sea. I would not a change a thing about my childhood. Growing up in Manipal means running into people from there every now and then - be it in a bus in Baltimore, or an airport in Chennai or in a handicrafts fair in Hyderabad.

  4. When it rains, I do the following - inspire a lungful of petrichor, get some coffee/tea and feel sleepy.

  5. Family means the people in my care-radar. Blood similarities are not required

  6. I need to eat butter chicken once a week at minimum. Otherwise, I get cranky

  7. Some of the names I go by are, annu, nu, poopybutt, thammoo, thota, thots, thotu, kurt, pudding, valu, abt, abtd, baba, gbr, goldenboyramdas, tommy, bon-bon, bjorn, zot, beejo. My passport says Anil Krishna Bjorn Thota. I was named for two hindu gods, a tennis player and the father of modern critical care medicine.

  8. Till recently my voicemail was recorded in Spanish.

  9. I'm the only person I know who needed to learn swimming twice. At age 4 and age 11. Thankfully, the same did not occur with biking. My favorite motorbike of all time will be Sylvia.

  10. Sport of any sort will pique my interest. Unless a favorite is playing, I will always root for the underdog.

  11. In the United States, I have lived only in cities whose football team mascot is a bird of prey. Baltimore with its (and my) Ravens and Atlanta with its Falcons. Based on my calculations, I can only move to Seattle or Philly.

  12. I swore off religion on December 6th, 1992.

  13. My sister is the best teacher of children that I've ever seen. My father was an atheist and my best friend. My mother continues to be the most genuine person I've ever encountered. I adore the Kandikattus in the land of Lincoln.

  14. Book before movie. Still kicking myself w.r.t. LOTR.

  15. People inspire me. Like someone giving up an MBA life to dance (and being brilliant), like someone telling me that their favorite place in the whole world is a little coffee shop by DuPont circle, like a war veteran explaining the big picture to me, like a college dorm phone attendant who called me in the US to wish me a happy birthday, like an anesthesiologist who resuscitated newborn twins with one endotracheal tube.

  16. Avidoo (in pic) is me.

  17. Kindness is the most attractive feature in a human being (dogs are naturally kind) for me. I also dig secularism and equity. Injustice, cruelty and selfishness cause unpleasant reactions in my system. Just like for anyone else.

  18. Not having practiced clinical medicine in 4 years, entering a hospital is like meeting an old girlfriend. It manifests as a curious mixture of nervousness and excitement.

  19. Music, Movies, the Indian cricket team, cooking, long walks and my blackberry are some of the requisites in my life. Some old, some new.

  20. Whenever I see the ocean, I feel humbled by its vastness.

  21. With regard to my friends. Peeps. I’ve hit the jackpot. They are my life buffers.

  22. One word sentences are awesome. Really.

  23. is Michael Jeffrey Jordan. No equal.

  24. Bujji is bujji. Thinking of thinking of life without her is incomprehensible. (Yea, it is ‘thinking of thinking…’)

  25. Sometimes, I forget to cry.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Book after movie; Am kicking myself. Vikas Swarup's Q&A and The curious incident of Benjamin Hutton!!

Cool observation-#11!

Intersting.

Nameslist-Swooning! Chennagidhe :D

Defying Blood is thicker than water is good.

Ok..this is a comment box!I better stop!

-Pi